We always appreciate receiving books to review from authors and publishers. Due to the sheer volume of requests, please follow our guidelines to increase the chances of us being able to review your book.
- To submit a review request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will then be forwarded to our team to find an available reviewer. If you prefer that the review copy is only offered to those from a particular country, please specify with your request.
- We accept ARCs, paperbacks and ebooks but hold off sending the book until a reviewer has been assigned.
- We read contemporary women’s fiction – mainly chick lit, rom-coms and New Adult – as well as non-fiction titles and memoirs.
- Books should be set in contemporary times (from 1980s on) and generally should centre around a female character aged 18 and over.
- We give preference to books that are published by traditional publishing companies but will consider independently or self-published novels.
- We will endeavour to find a reviewer for your book but please understand that our contributors are all volunteers and will only select books they want to read for their own enjoyment.
- We get too many review requests to always reply individually. If you do not hear back from us, assume we have NOT found a reviewer for your book. A reviewer will contact you once they have been assigned to a title.
- Our acceptance of a book does not guarantee a review. If this is an issue for you, please do not send us your book.
- We will abide by a publication embargo but we cannot promise to review a book by a certain date. We have a long-held tradition of reviewing back catalogue titles so if your review does not appear around the publication date, do not assume it never will!
- We do not send out email notifications when a review has been posted. There is a search bar on the site if you want to check for your book.
- We do not accept review requests that come with the condition that the review must also be posted to Amazon, Goodreads or other websites. Some of our contributors may post their reviews to these retailer or reader websites but please don’t ask us to.
- We rate books out of a score of 10 and will still publish a review even if it has received a low score. To see our rating scale, head to our About Us page.
- Authors and publishers may use parts of reviews for quotations. No need to ask first!
- The best way to submit a review request is via email@example.com. If you would prefer to deal with a particular reviewer, feel free to contact them via their individual email. Head to our Contact page to find out more about our team. Note some of these contributors have their own blogs and will publish their reviews there as well.
– Told us your author name and book title
– Included your back cover blurb (what your story is about) within the body of the email
– Followed our guidelines
– Understood that we won’t be dropping everything to deal with your amazing book right this second?
THEN FIRE AWAY! We look forward to hearing from you.
Many of the books reviewed on Chicklit Club have been received free from the publisher or author and are kept by the reviewer.
Contributors are expected not to be swayed by free product in giving their fair and honest review.
Images used on this site are copyright to the original owner. Since they are used to promote authors and their books, we use photos that are commonly found on author, publisher, book seller and social media sites. However, if there is a photo that belongs to you and you want a picture credit posted, please email us with the link and details. If for some reason you do not wish for it to appear on the site at all, please let us know so it can be taken down.
All prizes are sent directly to the winners by the publisher, publicist or author. The Chicklit Club takes no responsibility for the delivery of prizes. Entrants must supply your full name and mailing address with your email entry. Winners, please allow 8 weeks for delivery of prize. If you have still not received your prize, email Steph and we will follow up with the original promoter to see if they will repost item to you. We are unable to personally supply you with another prize.